EFL Teacher for Vocational Colleges in Sendai
Semi-Full Time EFL teaching position for oral communication classes at a vocational school in Sendai.
Proper visa, Degree, TESOL/RSA certification and experience teaching young adults in large college classes (25+) required. Basic conversational Japanese speaking ability and computer skills needed.
APPLICANT MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE IN JAPAN.
Position begins immediately (Received May 15, 2015).
Part or Full Time English teacher
IDAC, Tohoku University, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Part or full time (20-30 hours/week; flexible, depending on candidate) additional English teacher needed at IDAC (Institute of Development, Ageing and Cancer), from April 2015 for two years.
Candidates require native speaker level of English and good communication skills. TESL/TEFL (or equivalent) and some knowledge of Japanese as well as linguistics is preferred.
Candidate will be requested to help edit the English homepage of IDAC, teach English, and possibly help with presentation coaching and English editing. Salary will depend on qualifications/experience and number of working hours.
Students are of all levels of English, and consist mainly of Master's and PhD students, secretaries, researchers and professors in the medical field.
Job Opportunity- Eikaiwa Full Time
LEO Language Eikaiwa School is looking for an upbeat, friendly and professional teacher who enjoys teaching a wide range of ages from kindergarten to adults commencing April 2015. We are a small, relaxed and family owned school. We work at a kindergarten once a week and teach kindergartners and elementary school children there.
The ideal candidate would hold teaching experiences and preferably teaching qualifications.
· Salary 250,000 yen monthly
· 25 teaching hours per week
· Four weeks paid vacation each year (one week in Golden Week, one week in obon holiday in mid August and two weeks in New Year holiday)
· Sunday, Monday and public holidays off
Job Opportunity- World History Teacher (p/t)
Sendai Ikuei Gakuen High School is currently looking for a part-time World history teacher for our new IB Diploma Programme. The course is to be delivered in English. The position begins on April 1, 2015*. There is the possibility for the position to become full-time employment.
*Possibility to start sooner
Salary: 2800 yen/hour (negotiable)
· Qualifications: University degree in History, teacher certification and/or Master’s degree (preferable);
· Experience teaching (preferably high school level)
· Fluent in English;
· Currently residing in Japan with a resident status for “Instructor”, “Long term residence”, “Spouse of Japanese National”, or ”Permanent Resident” or other resident status that is legally permitted to teach in English;
· Interest in International Baccalaureate education and enthusiasm for teaching high school students in an academically rigorous course.
The Extensive Reading Foundation (ERF) has announced the winners of the 10th Annual Language Learner Literature Award for books published in 2013. An international jury chose the winning book in five categories, taking into account the Internet votes and comments of students and teachers around the world. Check out all the winners on the ERF website.